Managing product master data is foremost beneficial in industries that continually manipulate with a large number of products and include a lot of partners in their business processes – suppliers, distributors, VAN providers, customers and so on.
Contact usMore about SyncGUIDE
- Retail – billions of people shop for food, beverages, clothes and other products on a daily basis. All of them expect top service, constant product availability, correct declarations, possibility to shop for the same products online and offline.
- Apparel – fashion changes rapidly, customers demands are getting more complex. At the same time, customers expect items to be available in stores immediately after fashion shows. To make this possible it is essential to have efficient system of tracking – from suppliers of fabric and other raw materials, wholesalers, shipping companies, and others in trade chain. This makes it possible to increase the speed at which the goods are moving, reduces the possibility of errors and lowers unused stock levels in warehouses.
- Food and beverage industry and supermarkets – GS1 GTIN in bar code format is most widely accepted standard for product identification in the world. Though supermarkets started it’s usage, today it is used by all of the participants in the supply chain. Customers want the same experience on web shop and in store – this requires reliable product information, traceability information and security during transportation and storage.
- Consumer goods – like in other retail sectors, consumers dictate development by their ever more complex requirements. Quicker product availability, correctness of declarations, possibility to trace products origin all the way to raw materials supplier is a major challenge for retailer in electronic, household goods and other sectors. Data synchronization and tighter communication between business partners should be a rule, not an exception.
- Healthcare – healthcare systems throughout the world face problems related to population aging, shrinking budgets, reduction in prevention funds, while at the same time patients expect best possible service. Quality master data management can significantly contribute in dealing with these issues. If a chain from producer to patient stretches through multiple countries, with different regulations, using a global synchronization standard, such as GDSN, speeds up supply process significantly. GDSN reduces possibility of introduction of errors into data, which automatically translates into savings in procurement.
- HORECA – anyone who serves prepared food faces the same challenges: ensuring that ingredients are fresh, fast and reliable produce supply, food safety and possibility to trace all ingredients to source. Managing this data is not important only for hotels, restaurants and catering companies, but also for all suppliers behind them. Efficient master data management increases supplier credibility and thus likelihood of securing a new customers. Accurate data ensures increased speed in goods movement, while customers have access to reliable and standardized information.
- Transport & logistics – all businesses use transport and logistics services. Usually these services are rented from specialized companies. For all involved in this process it is vital to have accurate data about shipment in every moment – from position on the road to accurate delivery. Shipping companies are legally required to have correct information about the products they are transporting. Supplying these information to them before hand helps shipping companies plan their capacities more efficiently, thus reducing costs both for sender and shipping company. When this information is supplied in internationally standardized format, it ensures regulatory compliance in international shipments.